Wednesday 28 September 2011

Stonehouse Moore - part of our family history






The Stonehouse is situated a few kilometres past Moore in the Brisbane Valley.  My mother's family lived there in the 1920s while my grandfather worked as a timber getter with a bullock wagon.  Mum was one of eight children and walked to school at Moore with her brothers and sisters.  Her youngest sister Lorna was born at Stonehouse.  Unfortunately it has fallen into disrepair and only the back area that was the kitchen remains. 

3 comments:

  1. Shame that the house has been left to fall into disrepair. We drove past it last weekend and there is a large tree growing in the middle of the remaining front section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to locate an artist by the name of Mary M. Heinrichs from the Las vegas area who's water colors look a lot like yours, are you the same Mary? judyemen@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. G'day Kiddo, LOL How are you mate, yep this is your rogue cousin, Daryll.

    I am now living in Vanuatu. I hate that the only time I get to chat with you is at funerals. It will be too late when it is mine. LOL.

    My e-mail is daryllkelly@hotmail.com or I am on Skype daryll.kelly1 and I am on Facebook.

    Please give a call some time,

    Lots of Love Daryll

    My website is www.pacificoceandomes.com

    ReplyDelete